Leadership and Management: Skills Critical for Success Webinar-on-Demand
January 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pm| $175 – $200
GFOA Alberta, in cooperation with Bloom Centre for Municipal Education, is proud to bring back the 10-Part Webinar Series for 2019 as “Webinars-on-Demand”.
Leadership is often misunderstood but is essential for municipalities to be successful! For a municipality to reach its goals, leadership must be well understood and exercised at all levels of the organization. All individuals can be leaders in their roles ranging from municipal Council’s, to leads of small department branches, to those with no staff at all! This webinar is, in part, based on the popular “Leadership Challenge” and is about mobilizing others to get extraordinary things done. The Leadership and Management: Skills Critical for Success Webinar highlights the practices leaders use to transform values into action, vision into realities, obstacles into innovations, separateness into solidarity, and risks into rewards. It is a customized webinar that is fully focused on the municipal world. How your area fits and how your leadership can make a difference in the success of your municipality. Examples of municipal success are part of the webinar curriculum. The webinar provides value for urban and rural municipalities of all sizes and student levels. The wide variety of topics covered give students an extensive understanding of municipal leadership and practices that can be used every day and can vastly improve the chances for success to achieve goals. Leadership is an essential component of professional development for all municipal professionals.
Value and learning outcomes will be:
- Leadership defined and the context in municipal government
- Municipal fundamentals and foundation for achievement
- The “business” of municipal government and how leadership is essential for success
- Turning a strategic plan into reality through leadership
- Engage yourself and the people you lead of through essential leadership practices
- Learn how to “lead from behind”. Be a leader without position authority
- Build your credibility as a leader and find your voice
This “webinar-on-demand” option offers the convenience of anytime viewing. A password will be provided for access upon successful registration and will be valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
You can either register for this “Single Webinar-on-Demand” for $175 here, or choose to register for the full 10-Part Webinar Series below:
- 10-Part Webinar-on-Demand Series for 2019 for $1,500: https://www.gfoa.ab.ca/event/10-part-on-demand-2019-webinar-series/ (savings of $25/webinar)