New MGA-Developing a Long-Term Tax Strategy Webinar-on-Demand
January 1 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 11:30 pm| $175 – $200
GFOA Alberta, in cooperation with Bloom Centre for Municipal Education, is proud to bring back the 10-Part Webinar Series for 2019 as “Webinars-on-Demand”.
The New MGA-Developing a Long-Term Tax Strategy Webinar provides a comprehensive overview of municipal taxes and covers essential knowledge that all municipal financial professionals and executives require. This webinar covers basic fundamentals, intermediate and advanced methodologies and offers the following:
- New MGA changes related to commercial subclasses and the residential/commercial split ratio
- Developing a Tax Rate Bylaw (written section and council report requirements)
- Tax Rate Bylaw math explained (assessment, mill rate, taxation revenue)
- Taxation and the budget – linking tax % increases to budgetary needs (services, inflation, special projects, capital)
- Review of a budget tax tool – track tax % increases/decreases as you develop the budget
- Effective communication/presentation of tax increases to Council and the public (PowerPoint slides included)
- How to develop a long-term tax strategy (needs assessment, implementation – project plan included)
- Help the public understand taxes and long term requirements (service, capital needs, inflation, growth)
- Linking the capital budget/asset management to a taxation strategy
- Public engagement, measuring and justifying tax increases and presenting tax increases/strategies to Council and the public.
This “webinar-on-demand” option offers the convenience of anytime viewing. A password will be provided for access upon successful registration and will be valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
You can either register for this “Single Webinar-on-Demand” for $175 here, or choose to register for the full 10-Part Series below:
- 10-Part Webinar-on-Demand Series for 2019 for $1,500: https://www.gfoa.ab.ca/event/10-part-on-demand-2019-webinar-series/ (savings of $25/webinar)