Financial Policy Development 101 Webinar-on-Demand
January 1 @ 8:00 am - December 31 @ 11:30 pm| $175 – $200
GFOA Alberta, in cooperation with Bloom Centre for Municipal Education, is proud to bring back the 10-Part Webinar Series for 2019 as “Webinars-on-Demand”.
It is fundamental for municipalities to have policies in place. Learn the basics of policy development and how to create effective policies that make a difference!
The Policy Development 101 Webinar offers the following:
- Policy Defined. Learn the basic meaning of policies and how they can shape positive outcomes.
- Best Practices for Policy Development. Best practice components for policy development and how to use them to guide quality creation.
- Policy Wheel. Learn how to use the “policy wheel” to develop, deliver and assess your policy effectiveness.
- The “Must Have” Financial Policies. A menu of must have financial policies for municipalities in the order of importance. Prioritize! They cannot all be written at once.
- Clear and Concise Policies. Tips for writing financial policies that hit the mark! Less can be more is essential when writing policy that will be read and utilized effectively by stakeholders.
- Policy engagement and communication. Learn how to Involve stakeholders in the development of policy and communicate policy in an engaging way to improve organizational “buy in”.
- Corporate Policy Management. Policy success is dependent on good policy management. Learn the 5 key steps to managing policy in an effective way.
- Policy and Change Management. Change is challenging and limitation of new policy can be difficult. Strategies and tips to bring ease to the change process and to communicate policy effectively.
- Policy as a Project. Develop a project plan to tackle policy development. Who, what, how, when? Plan for policy development success.
- Three Key Financial Policies Reviewed – templates provided. 1) Debt Management 2) Reserves 3) Year End Surplus.
- Strategy, Goals and Policy. Reach organizational goals through effective policy that guides and enables.
- Effective Communication of Financial Policy to Council and the Public. How to’s of engaging policy communication.
This “webinar-on-demand” option offers the convenience of anytime viewing. A password will be provided for access upon successful registration and will be valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
You can either register for this “Single Webinar-on-Demand” for $175 here, or choose to register for the full 10-Part Webinar Series below:
- 10-Part Webinar-on-Demand Series for 2019 for $1,500: https://www.gfoa.ab.ca/event/10-part-on-demand-2019-webinar-series/ (savings of $25/webinar)