Project Planning and Management Webinar-on-Demand
January 1, 2020 @ 8:00 am - December 31, 2020 @ 11:30 pm| $175 – $200
GFOA Alberta, in cooperation with Bloom Centre for Municipal Education, is proud to bring back the 10-Part Webinar Series for 2019 as “Webinars-on-Demand”.
Learn basic foundational project and change management skills to power your career in the complex and ever-changing municipal environment! New in your career, supervisor,manager or executive? In municipal government you are faced with complex challenges every day. Your ability to manage change and projects has a direct impact on both your career and municipality’s success.
The Project Planning and Management Webinar offers the following:
- the basic knowledge of project and change management, improving your skill set and abilities
- Review of project and change challenges specific to municipal government. (politics, limited budgets, organizational silos)
- Project Planning Basics. Scope of a project plan. Timelines, milestones, team members, defining roles and responsibilities, stakeholders, defining/overcoming challenges.
- Project Lifecycle. Beginning to end stages of a project.
- Change Management Basics. Identify change, challenges, action plans, overcoming nay-sayers, communication plans.
- Why Do Projects Succeed and Fail? Steps for success. Tips and techniques to ensure projects are “on time, on budget”.
- Understanding and Aligning Priorities within projects.
- Resistance to Change. Individual and organizational resistance to change. Why resistance happens and strategies to overcome resistance.
- Qualities of a Strong Sponsor. Identify your project champions and key stakeholders. The importance of leadership in project/change management.
- Included – basic project plan template and examples
- Learn the “one pager” technique for project planning
This “webinar-on-demand” option offers the convenience of anytime viewing. A password will be provided for access upon successful registration and will be valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
You can either register for this “Single Webinar-on-Demand” for $175 here, or choose to register for the full 10-Part Webinar Series below:
- 10-Part Webinar-on-Demand Series for 2019 for $1,500: https://www.gfoa.ab.ca/event/10-part-on-demand-2019-webinar-series/ (savings of $25/webinar)