Treasury and Risk Management 101 Webinar-on-Demand
January 1, 2020 @ 08:00 - December 31, 2020 @ 23:30| Free
GFOA Alberta, in cooperation with Bloom Centre for Municipal Education, is proud to bring back the 10-Part Webinar Series for 2019 as “Webinars-on-Demand”.
Treasury management ensures that money is properly managed, tracked and accounted for in an effective and efficient manner. The security of the municipal purse is paramount to ensuring municipalities can pay for essential services while achieving long-term goals and objectives. Risk is an ongoing challenge for all municipalities. Risk Management is the process of making and carrying out decisions that will minimize the adverse effects of risk or potential losses on an organization.
The Treasury and Risk Management 101 Webinar provides review of the key treasury disciplines and offers the following:
- Cash Management – Fundamentals and tools required for optimal cash use
- Investments – How to invest municipal funds to minimize risk while maximizing returns
- Debt Management – Responsible use of debt as a tool for capital planning
- Reserves – Optimal reserve balances/justification, how manage reserves, reserve policy
- Risk Management – Learn the benefits
- Policy – How to develop risk management policy
- Key Areas of Risk – Theft prevention, property risk, vandalism, disaster, weather
This “webinar-on-demand” option offers the convenience of anytime viewing. A password will be provided for access upon successful registration and will be valid for 60 days from date of purchase.
You can either register for this “Single Webinar-on-Demand” for $175 here, or choose to register for the full 10-Part Series below:
- 10-Part Webinar-on-Demand Series for 2019 for $1,500: https://www.gfoa.ab.ca/event/10-part-on-demand-2019-webinar-series/ (savings of $25/webinar)